For Puxatawny Phil, Groundhog’s Day comes once a year. But for sales reps, that dreaded day is a weekly occurrence. And it’s nowhere as entertaining as our favorite Bill Murray movie.
Sure the intent is great—work as a team to keep deals moving through the pipeline, but the reality is a painful and mostly ineffective process that hasn’t changed in decades.
Here’s a quick play-by-play:
- Night before, rep scrambles to add in CRM data and fill out a quick spreadsheet or tool, capturing bare minimum of information related to deals to appease their sales manager. They also spend time prepping for the onslaught of questions they know their manager will ask.
- The manager who holds these individual meetings with their full team doesn’t prep. It’s not that they don’t want to, but other than pulling a report from their CRM, they simply don’t have the insight.
- Meeting time. Priority on the deals most likely to close that quarter, with little to no time spent on those in early stages (that could use some nurturing). Instead, it’s drill down question time:
- What’s the latest with Acme?
- Have you done a demo?
- Did you send the white paper?
- When was your last phone call? Email? In person meeting?
- Who's the champion?
- Have you met with the economic buyer yet?
- Is your SE involved?
- What competitors are in the mix?
- How many contacts are actively engaged?
- What is your prediction for when it will close?
- Wash, rinse, repeat for all the deals in your pipeline.
It’s a dreaded process and one that both managers and reps hate, but most sales pros accept it because they haven’t found a better way. Until now. Olono’s Pipeline Inspection makes it easy for sales managers to proactively understand the health of their pipeline at any time—without requiring the rep to spend a single minute entering data or preparing reports.
In a single view, a sales manager will see all activity related to an opportunity, automatically pulled in from any relevant app, tool or website the sales rep uses (and opts-in of course). Managers can then drill down into activities, seeing email communication, phone logs, demos and web meetings, calendar appointments, expense reports, marketing collateral that was sent, files such as contracts or NDAs, LinkedIn and Discover.org research and much more.
Olono gives you a comprehensive look at your pipeline, with the ability to slice and dice data and activities by any filter—or combination of filters—from any tool. In one query you could include a Salesforce filter (such as amount or stage), a calendar filter (last meeting) and email filter (last touch date). It’s drop and drag, customized just for you.
Finally, know how each action, and the combination of multiple actions, impact pipeline movement and stage conversion.
Together we can change pipeline review meetings for the better. Instead of repeating what just happened (Groundhog’s Day)—spend your time looking ahead and working towards the close.
Get started today: https://www.olono.ai/request-demo/