What if we told you that key deal you have in Commit, has not interacted with your rep in 30+ days? And there are no meetings scheduled this month. You’d have questions, right?If you are like most companies, that’s just one of the many blindspots sitting in your pipeline that your CRM isn’t flagging. And in most cases, it’s not just one key deal, it’s dozens, or even hundreds—accounting for significant revenue that can make or break a quarter.
A Sales Leader’s Lane Departure Warning System
Research shows that lane departure warnings in automobiles prevent crashes. Similarly meteorologists’ hurricane forecasts allow residents to take precautions, board up their homes and get out of the wrath of the storm.
So why aren’t we equipping sales leaders in the same vein? Think about what a real-time, early warning system for sales could mean for the top line. A proactive system, that understands your unique sales process, knows what reps are doing and what steps were missed, and then eliminates the blindspots by providing not just awareness, but also recommended actions that help sales leaders get ahead and mitigate the risk.
Today less than 25% of managers trust the data in their CRM. That means they can’t forecast confidently without one-off calls to managers and reps to check in on deals. They don’t know which deals need coaching and what kind. And sadly they will be left in the dark on account data if and when reps leave. It’s a dangerous place for a sales leader to be.
Sure we have “deal scores” but what do you do with it? How do you change a 68 to an 86?
And yes we have reports that SalesOps can query. But most of those are out-of-date by the time they are presented. And again, they rely on the data reps are providing—and we know that despite mandating and prodding, reps simply are not effective data entry clerks. So the blindspots remain.
5 Frequently Missed Blindspots Lurking in Your Pipeline
As you look for ways to eliminate the blindspots and get ahead of risks, here are some of the most commonly seen blindspots your CRM can’t spot—but Olono can.
- Deals in Commit without consistent engagement AND/OR meaningful activity (requires a view on past AND future planned meetings/calls)
- Deals in at a particular stage where key documents are not in place (NDA, procurement approval)
- Deals without a validated Champion (sure your rep labeled someone a Champion, but are they truly acting as one?)
- Deals with no identification of, access to, and meaningful engagement with the Economic Buyer
- Deals that are single-threaded (let’s face it, very few deals are won when you only have one contact at the company)
- Deals that are flat-out stalled or dead that keep showing up in the pipeline month after month (driftwood that keeps pushing)
Ready to Eliminate the Blindspots?
Check out our no-risk pilot we call "Light up your CRM." It only takes 30 minutes of time from your sales ops team and results in 10x CRM data, improved visibility and proactive insight into key blindspots. Learn more by visiting: https://www.olono.ai/get-started/
"Research shows that lane departure warnings in automobiles prevent crashes. Similarly meteorologists’ hurricane forecasts allow residents to take precautions, board up their homes and get out of the wrath of the storm. So why aren’t we equipping sales leaders in the same vein?"